TRE® – Tension, Stress and Trauma Release Exercises
904-990-4TRE to schedule your appointment.
TRE® (Tension, Stress & Trauma Release Exercises) is an innovative series of exercises that assist the body in releasing deep muscular patterns of tension, stress and trauma. Created by Dr. David Berceli, PhD, TRE® safely activates a natural reflex mechanism of shaking or vibrating that releases muscular tension, calming down the nervous system. When this muscular shaking/vibrating mechanism is activated in a safe and controlled environment, the body is encouraged to return back to a state of balance.
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM TRE®
Since this shaking mechanism in the muscles is part of our natural behavior as humans, everyone can benefit from TRE. This shaking of the muscles, increases the resiliency of the body because it causes deep relaxation that naturally reduces stress levels. It can release emotions ranging from mild upset to severe anxiety whether it is caused by work stress, excessive worry, conflict in relationships, physical stresses or traumas from accidents and other life experiences.
Whether you are a parent/spouse who would like more patience with your family, a victim of violence or accident, a soldier suffering with PTSD, an athlete, or simply a person who wants to become more resilient and just feel better about life, you can benefit TRE.
WHAT MAKES TRE® UNIQUE
- The therapeutic muscle tremors evoked by the TRE exercise process are a natural, internal, neuro-physiological response of the body to reduce its own stress and restore a sense of well-being.
- TRE is a body based (somatic) process which, when done properly through a Certified TRE Provider, can allow the individual to discharge tension from the body, which often does not require “revisiting the story” (ie: verbally describing or talking about the traumatic experience).
- TRE is designed to be a self-help tool that once learned, can be used as needed, throughout one’s life, thereby continuously supporting and promoting personal health and wholeness.
- TRE can be taught as either a simple self-help, tension reduction technique in a physical exercise program OR it can be used as an effective complementary practice when integrated with other treatment modalities by those in the healing professions, including the treatment of PTSD and anxiety disorder recovery.
- TRE can be taught in very large groups for communities that have experienced mass trauma.
- TRE promotes cohesiveness and openness between participants and can be a helpful tool for dispute resolution. (ie: interpersonal, corporate and political communication).
- TRE can cross culture and language barriers because it is based on natural physiological responses shared by all human beings.
TRE® is a safe and effective stress release technique for most people. The TRE process should not be used as a substitute for trauma recovery procedures of a medical or psychological nature.
For more information, www.traumaprevention.com
Peggi Wegener, LMHC is Northeast Florida’s first, and currently only, Certified TRE® Provider. TRE® is taught in 3 sessions which can be done individually, in a shared session or a group session. Once learned, the student continues on his/her own and would only return to the practitioner if he/she felt stuck in some way or prefers to practice TRE® in a group. Call Peggi at 904-990-4TRE to schedule your appointment. Ask if virtual sessions are appropriate for you!