TRE® – Tension, Stress and Trauma Release Exercises
904-990-4TRE to schedule your appointment.
TRE® (Tension, Stress & Trauma Release Exercises) is an innovative series of exercises that assist the body in releasing deep muscular patterns of tension, stress and trauma. Created by Dr. David Berceli, PhD, TRE® safely activates a natural reflex mechanism of shaking or vibrating that releases muscular tension, calming down the nervous system. When this muscular shaking/vibrating mechanism is activated in a safe and controlled environment, the body is encouraged to return back to a state of balance.
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM TRE®
Since this shaking mechanism in the muscles is part of our natural behavior as humans, everyone can benefit from TRE®. This shaking of the muscles, increases the resiliency of the body because it causes deep relaxation that naturally reduces stress levels. It can release emotions ranging from mild upset to severe anxiety whether it is caused by work stress, excessive worry, conflict in relationships, physical stresses or traumas from accidents and other life experiences.
Whether you are a parent/spouse who would like more patience with your family, a victim of violence or accident, a soldier suffering with PTSD, an athlete, or simply a person who wants to become more resilient and just feel better about life, you can benefit TRE.
- ®TRE® is taught in 3 sessions which can be done individually, in a shared session or a group session.
- Once learned, the student continues on his/her own and would only return to the practitioner if he/she felt stuck in some way or prefers to practice TRE® in a group.
- INTRODUCTION TO TRE® is taught in a group of 4 on the 2nd Thursday of the month 4-5:30 PM. (More often as needed.)
- Group TRE® is offered Thursdays 6-7:15 PM
- Call Peggi at 904-990-4TRE to schedule your appointment.
TRE® is a safe and effective stress release technique for most people. The TRE® process should not be used as a substitute for trauma recovery procedures of a medical or psychological nature. It is an excellent adjunct to psychotherapy.
For more information about TRE® visit the international website, www.traumaprevention.com
Peggi Wegener, LMHC is Northeast Florida’s first, and currently only, Certified TRE® Provider.